Now is an ideal time to earn your associate degree in aviation. The demand for well-qualified pilots continues to expand and those pilots with solid flight training combined with deep aviation knowledge have a competitive advantage.
The Bryan College Aviation Professional Pilot program provides you both. You'll receive flight training from our FAA-approved partner school, California Flight Academy, combined with technology-enhanced accredited courses from Bryan College. In addition to gaining your PPL, Instrument, and Commercial Multi-Engine credentials, you'll also have the option to get certified as a flight instructor. While completing your flight training on our modern campus in San Diego, California, you'll also take coursework towards completion of your associate degree. Students earn a total of 18 college credits through CFA and 45 credits through Bryan College for a total of 63 credits. To view a summary of courses, please review our program summary document. Also, our program is accelerated, so you can get started - and finish - in the shortest time possible.
Valuable Skills Airlines Need
Your Bryan College courses will provide you specialized knowledge including how to:
- Handle aircraft performance in diverse environments
- Use modern technology in the cockpit
- Communicate effectively in controlled and uncontrolled airspace
- Understand weather patterns in flight planning and decision making
- Describe physics and aerodynamics of flight
- Operate aircraft systems
- Learn jet propulsion systems
- Prepare for airline employment, including job interview preparation
When you receive an accredited degree from Bryan College, you are immediately prepared for the job market. For a full listing of courses required to earn an associate degree, please download the course catalog.
The Bryan College Difference
- Long-Standing History of Excellence – We have a 77-year proven track record of preparing graduates for successful careers since 1940.
- Focus on Employment, Not Just a Diploma – You’ll graduate with a diploma targeted for a growing job market and earn skills that match employers’ needs. Work with the Career Services Department to build a job network, sharpen your interview skills, and create an eye-catching resume.
- Accelerated Programs – At Bryan College, we’ve developed a unique approach to education that allows you to complete your program in the shortest amount of time possible, while still providing the top-notch curriculum, faculty, and support to ensure your success.
- Get the Credit You Deserve – If you apply to Bryan College with prior college credits, a degree, and/or professional certifications, we’ll accept as many credits as possible to validate the hard work you’ve already completed.
- Learn by Doing, Not Just Lectures – You’ll develop skills and competencies using some of the most innovative, state-of-the-art learning curriculum, tools, and resources available.
- Learn From Experts, Not Just Books – Each faculty member has been carefully selected to ensure they have extensive industry experience. They provide caring, individualized support and mentoring.
- Connect With Others – You’ll learn collaboratively with faculty and peers to build a network of colleagues—for life.
- Return for Refresher Classes – As a Bryan graduate, you’ll have the privilege of returning and auditing previously completed academic courses still being taught—at no charge—to keep your skills and confidence sharp.
- Affordable – A member of our student finance team will help you put together a financial plan that works for you.