Complaint Procedures

Schools accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges must have a procedure and operational plan for handling student complaints. The following is Bryan College’s process for handling complaints:

  1. The student should first report the issue, in letter or email form, to the faculty member responsible for the class.  The faculty member will attempt to resolve the issue within three business days.
  2. If the issue is not resolved by the faculty member, or it not applicable to the course, the student should submit a letter or email explaining the reasons for the grievance to either the Director of Education or the Director of Student and Alumni Outreach. Either of these directors will respond in three business days.
  3. If the grievance is not fully resolved, the student should submit the grievance to the Campus President, who will investigate and respond within 10 business days.
  4. If the student is not satisfied with the President’s response, the student may petition in a reasonable time to review the grievance resolution.
  5. The student or any member of the public may also file a complaint about this institution with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education by calling (888) 370-7589 or by completing a complaint form, which can be obtained on the bureau’s Internet Web site:
  6. Lastly, if a student does not feel that the school has adequately addressed a complaint or concern, the student may consider contacting the Accrediting Commission. All complaints reviewed by the Commission must be in written form and should grant permission for the Commission to forward a copy of the complaint to the school for a response. This can be accomplished by filing the ACCSC Complaint Form. The complainant(s) will be kept informed as to the status of the complaint as well as the final resolution by the Commission. Please direct all inquiries to: Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges 2101 Wilson Blvd. Suite 302 Arlington, VA 22201 (703) A copy of the Commission’s Complaint Form is available at the school and may be obtained by contacting the Director of Student and Alumni Outreach.