Convert Your Healthy Lifestyle into a Career
The benefits of living a healthy lifestyle are numerous and leveraging your passion for exercise and staying in shape into a career is yet another reward. A degree in Advanced Personal Training and Exercise Science (APTES) from Bryan College will prepare you for a fulfilling career in one of the fastest growing industries.
Careers for health & fitness professionals and personal trainers are expected to grow through the year 2018 at a rate of 29%—that’s much faster than the average 10% rate of growth for all careers.1 Preparing now means you’ll be ready for the jobs of the future.
Health and fitness professionals have a range of opportunities for employment. From corporate settings to healthcare facilities to high-energy gyms and fitness centers, there’s a work environment for all personality types. Examples include:
- Gyms and fitness facilities
- Corporate fitness centers
In this fast-growing industry, a degree in Advanced Personal Training and Exercise Science can put you on the path to varied job opportunities in a rewarding field. As a fitness professional, each day provides the opportunity to enhance the health and well-being of others in careers such as:
- Certified Personal Trainer – become a certified personal trainer through the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) as part of the Bryan College curriculum.
- Group Fitness Instructor/Group Exercise Instructor – conduct effective group exercise classes for various modalities offered at fitness centers.
- Sports Performance Coach/Athletic Conditioning for individuals – design resistance training and cardiovascular exercise prescriptions for athletes to achieve performance-oriented goals. Provide motivation and corrective feedback.
- Corrective Exercise Trainer – conduct health screenings and physical fitness assessments of clients who have experienced an injury and who have been medically released for independent physical activity.
At Bryan College, we give you a clear pathway to these exciting health and fitness training positions, so that you’re ready to make your next career move as soon as you graduate. Learn how we put you on the path.
1Department of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010 Edition.