Your future job will demand top-notch skills, which is exactly what you’ll be working on throughout the Advanced Medical Billing, Coding and Electronic Health Records program of study. Guided by pre-eminent healthcare experts, Bryan College’s curriculum is built around what the industry needs.
Plus, you’ll receive invaluable experience in the simulated, virtual healthcare lab, designed and implemented exclusively by Bryan College—allowing you to perfect your skills before showcasing them for your future employers.
Learn the Skills Employers Demand
The program covers all aspects of health information management systems, including the coding of medical conditions, procedures, and the subsequent use of these codes in billing and reimbursement procedures. By the time you graduate, you’ll have gained a wide range of medical knowledge:
- With courses in medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, pathology, and pharmacology.
- An introduction into U.S. healthcare system organization and delivery, processes for documentation, data management, clinical classifications, reimbursement procedures, healthcare privacy.
- Legal and ethical issues.
You’ll also acquire strong health information technology skills:
- To create, store, and protect healthcare records.
- To analyze, collect, monitor, and maintain healthcare data in accordance with best practices and regulations.
- To translate diagnoses, conditions, and procedures into medical codes using a variety of standard formats, including ICD, CPT, and HCPCS
- To successfully transmit coded documents to insurance companies for reimbursement purposes.
- Preparation for the CCS certification exam through AHIMA, or CPC certification exam through AAPC.
The Bryan College Difference
Bryan College provides you with the most sophisticated and efficient education available. You can choose to attend online or on campus. For online students, you’ll have the opportunity each week to enter live, virtual classroom where you’ll interact, face to face, with instructors and students, building problem-solving skills and gaining the confidence you’ll need to succeed in the workplace – all from the comfort of home!
Additional Benefits of a Bryan Education
- Learn by experience, to build skills and your resume. You’ll have actual hands-on training during your Professional Practice Experience and will be able showcase your knowledge and newfound expertise to employers as soon as you graduate.
- Return for refresher courses, anytime. As a Bryan graduate, you’ll have the privilege of returning and auditing previously completed courses still being taught—at no charge—to keep your skills and confidence sharp.
- Get career coaching, long into the future. The Career Services team will partner with you throughout the entire resume-writing, interviewing, job-hunting process. Even better: Career services are offered before and after you graduate. Plus, because Bryan College collaborates with healthcare facilities, the Career Services team is kept well-informed of job openings and opportunities—so you will be, too!
- Network, network, network. Bryan College’s list of faculty, advisory board and partnering members reads something like the Who’s Who of industry visionaries and luminaries. These professionals guide the design and development of curriculum; they mentor students throughout experiential courses; and they help open doors to future careers.
For more information, please complete the Request Information Form and one of our friendly admissions advisors will contact you promptly.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other information, please click here.